Saturday 8 June 2013

Pesta Buku

Pesta Buku Islam 2013 started on 31 May and ends tomorrow, 9 June. I managed to go to the book fair only yesterday after I had seen what my friend Sha had bought at the fair. I've been wanting to get some puzzles for the little girl for solat, wudhu' and hijaiyah letters and I heard I could them at a discount at the fair. Alhamdulillah, I managed to get two of them from Sim & Di at $10 each. Their usual price is $15 each.

Huruf hijaiyah puzzle

Solat puzzle

Isn't the hijaiyah letters puzzle just lovely? The ones I've seen before were simple ones with the letters just arranged horizontally without any designs. And the little girl just loves puzzles so what better way to teach her solat and hijaiyah letters then with puzzles. But I'm still trying to get the one for wudhu' and have placed an order with Sim & Di. I also saw something else which caught my eye - hijaiyah letters and Arabic numerals on magnetic foam. Now I have more playful learning materials for the little girl!

Hijaiyah letters and Arabic numerals on magnetic foam

Then at Buat Si Manja, I found some Islamic books in Malay and English for the little girl. The Malay books were at 30% off and the English ones were at 10% off. Fantastic! I especially love the Muqaddam, which contains surahs of juz amma, with pictures. Each ayah is accompanied with translation in Malay, English and Jawi, and the book was only $7 after 30% off. 

Books from Buat Si Manja

I've been reading short surahs to the little girl but so far the ones I printed and made into a file, and the book that I have, don't contain pictures at all. Not that you need pictures to read surahs of the Quran, but when you are reading with a 22-mth-old girl, pictures really help to capture her attention and interest. 

Just today, when I was reading the book after Maghrib, she sat on my lap and asked about this and that while pointing to the pictures and I tried to explain a little of the surah before reading it. Of course it means that I myself have to brush up on my knowledge of the surahs and Alhamdulillah listening to Brother Nouman Ali Khan's tafseer of juz amma has really helped a lot. May Allah guide me during my journey of nurturing my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment