Friday 1 November 2019

The New Bottle

I remember looking at my bottle lying on my picnic mat and thinking how the colours and prints matched so perfectly. Yet I had not planned it at all. Neither had I bought both the mat and the bottle myself.


Before I received the bottle as a gift, I was using another bottle. It was made of glass. It was a tad heavy to carry around but I was happy with it. Previously, I had to throw away another glass bottle as a child had dropped it from a height and it had cracked. When I got the new bottle, not only was I happy that it was lighter, but I realised it could hold both hot and cold drinks for 6 hours. Alhamdulillah! So now I can bring cold water on a hot day out and drink it chilled, or bring my hot tea out and drink it later while it’s still warm. How wonderful! MasyaAllah.


And looking at that bottle, and how perfectly it looked on my mat, and how much I needed it without realising it before, reminded me about Life itself. Our life is perfect the way it is. We are exactly where we are supposed to be. What He gives us is better than anything we could have asked for ourselves. What we need is to have more trust in Him and His Plans for us. Allahu Akbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment