Monday 22 July 2013

Ramadan Birthday

The first half of this post was first published as a status update at my Facebook account on 13 July.

I woke up this morning suddenly realising that it's the 4th day of Ramadan and the little girl was born on this day 2 years ago. Her birthday won't be till next month on the Gregorian calender but I'll always remember her birth once Ramadan comes by.

The pain had started at 4.30am on that day but I did not tell hubby. In fact I let him go to work without telling him about it. I stayed home alone, called my mom and my sister, read the Quran, and only reached the hospital 12 hours after labour pains started. Well, I had a plan, but of course it was His Plan all along.  The little girl was born 3 hours later, shortly after Maghrib, or what is known as the time to break fast. Hence, my journey into motherhood started which has changed me forever.

But today, there won't be any celebration with hubby as he won't be home till late tonight. In fact, he hasn't been home the whole week as he's been serving the nation the past two weeks, with another ten days to go. But I shall not mar this happy post with that misery.

The little girl has a playdate with her little friend today. When we planned it, I didn't even realise it would fall on her Ramadan birthday, but of course, it was His Plan all along. And just earlier this week, she said, "I love you, mummy. I love you, papa." Then later, "I love, Umar." It's apt then that she'll be spending her Ramadan birthday with him.

When we reached Za's house, she was busy making magnetic fishing rods and numbered foam fish with magnets attached. The little ones waited patiently till they were done, swinging the fishing rods here and there, then fished together, even if just for a short while.

Fishing together

Then they took turns with the animal headgear which Za has - giraffe, panda and lion - and they did almost everything with those animals on their heads, including jumping on the trampoline. And because Umar was wearing a pair of socks, the little girl wanted to wear socks too and Za kindly gave a pair of Umar's socks for her to put on. 


Loving the lion headgear

Sha and Sofie managed to drop by for a while before going off for iftar and the three kids didn't waste time running and jumping around together. Za then entertained us with her strumming of the ukelele and of course, the little girl wanted to play the ukelele too. Za has an extra set, which I think is for Umar, and so the little girl tried her hands on the ukelele, strumming and strumming to no avail, but that didn't stop her from trying.


Rocking it out with a ukelele

I'm glad that the little one had a playdate with her friends to celebrate her Ramadan birthday. Never mind that there was no birthday song or birthday cake for the little girl. The time with her close friends and favourite aunts was enough for her and made it really special for me. May these friendships, for both the kids and the mummies, last till Jannah. Ameen.

The three BFFs

No comments:

Post a Comment