Wednesday 15 May 2013

Daily Updates

I love the updates that I've been getting from the little girl. Yesterday, she came home from her grandparents' place and said, "Aunty put on sandals." Later she said, "Aunty feed banana." Yup, she loves her aunty.

Last week, after being home for a while, she suddenly said, "Naughty boy!" I asked who the naughty boy was, and she said, "Naughty cat!" Ah, so she was referring to a cat. I asked again who the naughty cat was and she said it's Blackie. Blackie is the house cat at my in-laws' place. I asked her what Blackie had done and she said, "Blackie kill bird." Then added, "Uncle take bird." I found out that it had really happened. You've been a naughty boy, Blackie! Apparently he did it again two days later.

I told her that Blackie killed the birds and brought them home as he wanted to give presents to the little girl. After all, when some mean soul poured Super Glue on his body and he looked like a monster after patches of his fur had dropped off, everybody freaked out at the sight of him except for the little girl. She still wanted to pat and stroke him and  cheerfully said Hello to him. The innocence of the child... Everything is beautiful to her.

Poor Blackie!

I love the updates I've been getting from her. I guess once the chatting starts, there's no turning back. But I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment