Sunday 19 May 2013

Farm Reading Corner

This is my second out of the three themed reading corners that I've set up for my daughter but I'm starting with this first. My friend Ren's next theme is Farm so I'm writing this down in the hope that it may benefit her.

We had a trip to the zoo where we watched a dog show and saw some goats and ponies. I noticed that the little girl was fascinated with what she saw and during the drive home, and also during dinner, she kept talking about the dogs, goats and ponies. And so, I decided that it was time to change our reading corner.


The dog show 

 Munching goats

That night while she was asleep, I put together some story books, Islamic books, farm Toobs, finger and hand puppets, animal matching cards, and later on a puzzle. The little girl was delighted to see the little farm when she was awake and immediately wanted to start reading and playing.


The delighted girl at her little farm


Then my sister gave the little girl a Lego Duplo set which totally matched the theme! She was so captivated by it that on the first day when I opened it for her, she didn't allow me to play with it at all. So all those were put together solely by her. MasyaAllah I was surprised that she knew how to put the Lego pieces together although it was the first time that she was playing with Lego.


Creating a Lego farm


Since I have replaced the farm corner with another theme, the following was put together for recording purposes. 


The items at the reading corner

Farm-related books

Farm Toobs (farmer included)

Hand-made finger puppets


Those finger puppets were handmade by a friend of mine. I had ordered a busy book from her and those puppets came with it. They were so well-made and detailed, and they came in a cute red barn with doors, that I cannot begin to imagine the amount of time and effort that she had put in into making it. May Allah reward her for her patience and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment