Wednesday 15 May 2013

Number Cards

I love cheap stuff. Who doesn't, right? I got these at only $2 a set. Each number card is A4-sized and printed on glossy paper. If I were to do this myself, the time taken would definitely be a lot more than the $2 I spent. 

The number cards in the playroom

When the little girl saw it the next morning, she immediately climbed onto the sofa to look at them. She's been trying to count, or more like imitating my constant counting. I try to count aloud at every opportunity that I have. Recently, I heard her counting as she was going up the steps. Sometimes she does the finger-pointing too as she counts pictures in a book but that's a hit-and-miss. Most times, the counting and the pointing don't tally.

To me, imitating is better than nothing, especially since the little girl is only 21 months old now. The journey has only begun and it's still a long road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment